This document is a translation of the German original and provided for courtesy purposes only. In the case of any inconsistency between this document and the original, the German original version shall prevail.
§ 1 Information on collecting personal data
(1) In the following, we inform you of the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data are all data that relate to you personally, such as name, address, electronic mail addresses, and user behaviour.
(2) Responsible party in accordance with Article 4 Paragraph 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the:
VGF Verwertungsgesellschaft für Nutzungsrechte an Filmwerken mbH
Management: Anja Braune, Johannes Klingsporn
Phone: +49 89 189 37 84 – 0
We are not obliged by law to commission a data protection officer.
(3) When you contact us by electronic mail, the data you supply us (your email address and possibly your name and your telephone number) will be stored in order to reply to your inquiries. The basis of law for the processing of the data which are transmitted in the course of sending an electronic mail or by contact form is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter f of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If the contact has the aim of concluding an agreement, the additional basis of law for the processing is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter b of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We erase (delete) the data arising in this connection after the storage is no longer necessary, or restrict the processing if there are legal storage obligations.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights as regards us with respect to your personal data:
• The right to information
• The right to correction or erasure (deletion)
• The right to restriction of the processing
• The right to objection against the processing
• The right to data portability
(2) In addition, you have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you use the website for information purposes; that is, if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. When you view our website, we collect the data that is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee its stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 Letter f of the GDPR): The primary data collected is the currently used IP address, date and time, browser type, and operating system. Any other analysis of the data, except for statistical purposes and then basically in anonymous form, does not take place. No personal surfing profiles or the like are created or processed. We do not use social plugins (Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter). Your user data will not be transmitted to the operator(s) of the network platforms.
(2) The service provider we have commissioned (Provider: T+S Text und Satz Verarbeitungs-GmbH, Munich) is active within the framework of order data processing on the basis of Article 28 of the GDPR.
(3) Use of own “cookies”
This website uses its own “cookies” in order to enhance user-friendliness. (“Cookies” are data records that are sent from a web server to the browser of the user and are stored in the browser for later retrieval.) No personal data whatsoever is stored in our own “cookies”. You can generally prevent the use of “cookies” by prohibiting the storage of “cookies” in your browser.
§ 4 Consent and revocation of consent
(1) If you have provided us with personal data, you can erase these at any time. Data for invoicing and bookkeeping purposes are not affected by a cancellation/revocation or by erasure.
(2) Personal data provided to us through our website will only be stored until the purpose for which you have entrusted them to us has been fulfilled. Insofar as commercial or tax retention periods must be observed, the storage period for certain data may be up to ten years.
(3) Should you no longer agree with the storage of your personal data or should these personal data no longer be correct, we will, in accordance with corresponding instructions, arrange for the erasure/blockage of your data or effect the necessary corrections (insofar as this is possible under applicable law). At your request, you will receive information free of charge on all personal data we have stored about you.
§ 5 Objection to promotional mail
We hereby object to the use of contact data published within the scope of the obligation to display a legal notice (Impressum) to send unsolicited advertising and information material. The operators of this website expressly reserve the right to take legal action against unsolicited mailing or e-mailing of spam and other similar advertising materials.
§ 6 Cooperation with data processors and third parties
(1) We transmit personal data to other, previously unidentified third parties in individual cases only if this is necessary for the performance of the tasks of VGF. A further transmission of the data does not take place or will only take place if you have expressly agreed to the transmission.
(2) Forwarding of your data to third parties without your express consent; for example, for purposes of advertising, does not take place.
§ 7 Transmissions to third-party countries
A transmission to third-party countries does not take place.
§ 8 Responsible supervisory authority for data protection/how to contact this authority
Der Bayerische Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz
[The Bavarian State Commissioner for the Protection of Data]
Postal address: Postfach 22 12 19, 80502 München
Office address: Wagmüllerstraße 18, 80538 München
Phone number: +49 89 212672-0
Facsimile number: +49 89 212672-50
Electronic mail address: email@example.com
§ 9 Responsible supervisory authority
According to the law on the administration of copyrights and related protective rights through collecting societies (Collecting Societies Act [Verwertungsgesellschaftengesetz – VGG]), VGF is under the supervision of the German Patent and Trade Mark Office:
German Patent and Trade Mark Office [Deutsches Patent- und Markenamt], Zweibrückenstr. 12, 80331 München
Munich, in May 2018